People queue up for booking railway reservation tickets in Jalandhar on Sunday. (Photo: PTI)
As the Central and state governments allow phase-wise relaxation in curbs to get the life up and running again following over two months of lockdown to prevent the spread of Covid-19, we bring you the latest updates from your city.
* Update at 10am: Eighteen new Covid-19 cases have been reported in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday, including eight from Kangra district, four each from Solan and Hamirpur districts and one each from Kullu and Una districts.
* Update at 9am: In Himachal Pradesh, all government offices will function with 100% employees from Monday, an order issued by additional chief secretary (personnel) R D Dhiman on Sunday stated. The order, however, will not be applicable to educational institutions, which will remain closed till June 15.
* Punjab has recorded a steep rise in number of people coming in contact of infected people with no travel history testing positive, indicating homegrown cases. Besides this, there are 55 cases for which the state’s health department has not been able to trace the transmission history till date
* The UT administration will on Monday decide the fresh set of relaxations in the phased unlocking plan following the guidelines of the ministry of home affairs, allowing residents to stay out of their homes from 5am to 9pm and shrinking the night curfew.
* If you have confirmed ticket to board a train plying from June 1 from the Chandigarh railway station, be at the platform one hour before the departure time for medical screening or you will not be allowed to board the train. This is part of the standard operating procudures (SOP) drafted by the Chandigarh administration for the city.
* NCR districts continued to account for a majority of Covid-19 cases in Haryana as 168 more people tested positive for the coronavirus in the state, taking the overall tally past 2,000 to 2,091.