Passengers undergo thermal scanning on their arrival at Amritsar railway station on Monday. (Photo: PTI)
As the Central and state governments allow phase-wise relaxation in curbs to get the life up and running again following over two months of lockdown to prevent the spread of Covid-19, we bring you the latest updates from your city.
* Update at 4.15pm: UT administration removes perimeter control from six pockets (2, 3, 9, 17, 18 & 19) falling under Buffer Zone of Bapu Dham colony. Now, there will be no restrictions on entry-exit for the residents living in these six pockets.
* Update at 2pm: The Punjab State Cooperative Milk Producers’ Federation Limited, popularly known as Milkfed, has asked for at least Rs 250 crore relief package for stablising the system hit due to Covid-19 crisis. Milkfed also plans to increase its milk procurement and processing capacity, and to ultimately provide relief to milk producers. ultimately provide relief to milk producers.
* Update at 1.10pm: Chief medical officer (CMO) Dr Jasjeet Kaur has asked all resident welfare associations (RWAs) and citizen welfare associations (CWAs) to inform the administration if any person from other states or countries has started living in their neighborhood on two special numbers, “0172-2590000” and “9875917649”.
* Update at 12.20pm: Chandigarh municipal corporation (MC) has received Rs 35 crore from the finance department of the UT administration for May. The grant is largely for salaries of employees of the civic body. The money can also be spent on Covid-19 related items or material after seeking permission from senior officers.
* Update at 11.16am: Getting growth back has started with unlock 1.0; have confidence in India’s capabilities, crisis management, says PM Narendra Modi
* Update at 11.15am: We have to take tough steps to fight coronavirus and also take steps to take care of economy: PM Narendra Modi at CII’s annual session
* Update at 10am: UT administrator V P Singh Badnore will take a call on opening clean pockets of Bapu Dham Colony, Sector 26, in a crucial meeting on Tuesday.
* Update at 9.28am: 8,171 new Covid-19 cases in India, tally reaches 1,98,706; death toll rises to 5,598 with 204 more fatalities: Union health ministry
* Covid-19 cases continued to sharp risely in Haryana on Monday as 265 more people tested positive in the state, taking its tally past neighbouring Punjab.
* Five members of a family from a village in Fatehgarh Sahib were among the 38 people who tested positive for Covid-19 in Punjab on Monday, taking the number of cases reported in the state so far to 2,301.
* Nine positive cases of Covid-19 were reported in Himachal Pradesh on Monday, of which four were from Chamba, two from Solan, and one each from Hamirpur, Mandi and Una. Those tested positive had returned from Mumbai, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Delhi and Haryana. Now, total positive cases in the state has increased to 340, of which 213 are active. Two patients in Solan have recovered.