With death of an elderly woman, who was later found to be positive, in Sector 30, the containment zone restric…Read More
As the Central and state governments allow phase-wise relaxation in curbs to get the life up and running again following over two months of lockdown to prevent the spread of Covid-19, we bring you the latest updates from your city.
* Update at 10.36am: The death of an 80-year-old woman will delay the lifting of the containment zone tag from Sector 30 B that was to complete its 28 days since the last Covid-19 case for the restrictions to end on June 4.
* Update at 9.58am: Record single-day spike of 8,909 Covid-19 cases in India, tally rises to 2,07,615; death toll 5,815 with 217 more fatalities, reports PTI quoting health ministry
* The Covid-19 count touched 301 in Chandigarh on Tuesday, with four cases, including a death.
* Haryana registered its sharpest rise in Covid-19 cases in a day as 296 people tested positive for the virus, taking the state’s tally to 2,652.
* Punjab recorded 41 new cases of Covid-19 and two deaths due to the virus on Tuesday, taking the state’s tally for infected people to 2,342 and the number of casualties to 46.
* Six cases of Covid-19 were reported in Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday, of which four were from Kangra and two from Mandi.