Update at 7.02pm: With Haryana witnessing a six-fold increase in coronavirus cases in a month, Health Minister Anil Vij on Sunday sought to assure people that there was no need to worry and all arrangements were in place to treat the patients. The cases have jumped from 339 on April 30 to over 2,000 now. (PTI)
Update at 5.56pm: The Haryana government will take a call on the Centre’s fresh lockdown guidelines, apart from the sealing of borders with New Delhi, at a meeting later in the evening, said state’s Home Minister Anil Vij before leaving Ambala Cantt for discussions in Chandigarh on Sunday. (PTI)
Update at 4.45pm: Haryana government will be issuing the necessary directions regarding lockdown guidelines on Monday after discussing them with the officials, Deputy Commission of Faridabad said. (ANI)
Update at 3.43pm: Two more Covid-19 cases have been reported from Chandigarh’s Bapu Dham Colony today, said the Public Relations Department of the Union Territory. (ANI)
* Update at 1.47pm: Lockdown leads to seizure of 2,179kg drugs in Haryana.
* Update at 1.37pm: Until Haryana govt’s new directions come, existing directions will continue to remain in effect. Delhi HC & Haryana HM had issued certain guidelines,inter-dist & inter-state movement will continue based on them. New directions will come by tomorrow, says deputy commissioner, Faridabad
* ANI update at 1.32pm: Centre has issued new guidelines regarding lockdown. Haryana govt will issue necessary directions after discussing them. Dist admn is also discussing the same with officials & various orgs. We’ll issue necessary directions regarding this, by tomorrow, says deputy commissioner, Faridabad
* Update at 12.56pm: Two more Covid-19 positive cases reported in Bapu Dham Colony today. They are contacts of a positive case. The total number of positive cases in Chandigarh now stands at 291, including 88 active cases, reports ANI quoting Public Relations Department, Chandigarh
*The Haryana education department has suggested to the Union human resource development (HRD) ministry to allow opening of schools from June 15. The state government has also suggested to cut holidays in the session ahead.
* ANI update at 11.19am: There is no section in our country that is unaffected by the difficulties caused by the disease. However, the worst affected are the poor and the labourers. Their pain, their agony, and their ordeal can’t be expressed in words, says PM Modi
* ANI update at 11.12am: One more thing that has touched my heart is innovation at this moment of crisis. A multitude of countrymen from villages & cities, from small scale traders to startups, our labs are devising even new ways of fighting against Corona with novel innovations, says PM Modi
* Update at 11.12am: A major chunk of economy is active now. There should be no laxity in maintaining six feet distance (Do Gaj Doori), wearing masks & staying indoors as much as possible. We need to be more vigilant now. Due to everyone’s support, fight against Covid-19 is being fought strongly, reports ANI quoting PM Modi
*The power connections of five people who flouted home-quarantine norms have been disconnected on the orders of the Muktsar district administration, while show-cause notices have been issued to 67 violators in Punjab asking why power should not be discontinued to their residences.
* PTI update at 9.45am: India registers highest single-day spike of 8,380 Covid-19 cases; death toll climbs to 5,164
*Paid parking has started after the municipal corporation (MC) issued a letter to contractors to resume work and exempted their licence fee of Rs 2 crore from March 23 till May 31 in view of the lockdown imposed to stem the spread of coronavirus.
* ANI update at 7.02am: Police are checking passes and IDs of people at Delhi-Gurugram border. Haryana government has sealed borders with the national capital due to increasing number of Covid-19 cases.
*Chandigarh: The vegetable and fruit market will be shifted back from the bus stand in Sector 17 to its original site in Sector 26 in the coming week, ending the month-long stopgap arrangement that was made following a spurt in Covid-19 cases in neighbouring Bapu Dham Colony, Sector 26.
*The UT administration plans to fine people for violating Covid-19 guidelines on the pattern of the Punjab government.
*After Sector 38A EWS colony and Sector 52 rehabilitation colony, Shastri Nagar of Manimajra will be the third locality in the city to be freed from containment zone status on Sunday.