Role & Responsibilities –
-Act as the main contact for the company`s larger sales and Purchase ledger accounts
-Oversee the timely collection of cash from
– Supervision of the Sales and Purchase Ledgers, ensuring effective control throughout the processing, reporting, payments and collection of receipts.
– Purchase Ledger
– Responsibility for the processing of all invoices and expenses received.
– Managing all weekly payment runs in line with budget set ensuring timely payment for all major suppliers.
– Dealing with internal and external queries regarding invoices and payments.
– Ensuring new supplier set up process is adhered to and any necessary documentation obtained & procuring correct payment details
– Oversee the administration and processing of employee expenses and credit cards ensuring compliance with the policy set and timeliness of payments.
– Ensuring the accuracy of all purchase ledger accounts including overseeing the reconciliation of all major supplier accounts. Sales Ledger
– Responsibility for the sales ledger including the collection of cash, account reconciliation of self-billing concession invoices.
– Productive supervision of the companies fast growing IT business ensuring accurate measurement of fraudulent transactions and allocation of payments received from Sage
. Resolving queries in a timely and professional manner. Staff Management
– Managing and developing the combined Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger staff members and really bring the AP & AR teams into the 21st century
Ensuring that they have any training and development needs addressed and completion of all objective reviews.
– Prepare monthly aged debtors and creditors for review with Line Manager. – On-going review of team/function processes and procedures to ensure that improvements and simplifications are implemented wherever possible.
– Ensuring Month End operations & procedures are dealt with in a timely manner to meet timescale guidelines.
Person specification: Knowledge and Experience:-
– Good general and technical education
– high level of numeracy essential.
– Broad practical experience in both Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger disciplines – Supervisory/management experience – reporting staff are likely to be of mixed ages and employment backgrounds and could have worked in the business for a considerable period of time – Experience of dealing with suppliers and customers as positive working relationships and effective decision-making are key to the success of this role and have a quantifiable and considerable business impact
– Good understanding of IT Recruitment
– Good level of excel competency – Excellent technical knowledge of typical Sales and Purchase Ledger/GL packages
– Experience of Portal systems Excellent interpersonal skills
– Problem solving –Because of the broad scope of the role, organisational skills and an element of flexibility are imperative